By Nathan Yau
A clean examine visualization from the writer of Visualize This
Whether it truly is statistical charts, geographic maps, or the snappy graphical statistics you spot in your favourite information websites, the paintings of information pictures or visualization is quickly changing into a circulation of its personal. In Data issues: Visualization that suggests Something, writer Nathan Yau provides an interesting supplement to his bestseller Visualize This, this time targeting the images aspect of information research. utilizing examples from artwork, layout, enterprise, information, cartography, and on-line media, he explores either standard-and now not so standard-concepts and concepts approximately illustrating data.
- Shares exciting rules from Nathan Yau, writer of Visualize This and writer of flowingdata.com, with over 66,000 subscribers
- Focuses on visualization, facts pics that support audience see tendencies and styles they won't in a different way see in a table
- Includes examples from the author's personal illustrations, in addition to from pros in statistics, artwork, layout, company, computing device technological know-how, cartography, and more
- Examines average ideas throughout all visualization purposes, then explores while and the place you could holiday these rules
Create visualizations that check in in any respect degrees, with Data issues: Visualization that suggests Something.
Read or Download Data Points: Visualization That Means Something PDF
Best mathematical & statistical books
Now that individuals are acutely aware that information could make the variation in an election or a enterprise version, facts technology as an profession is gaining floor. yet how will you start operating in a wide-ranging, interdisciplinary box that’s so clouded in hype? This insightful booklet, according to Columbia University’s creation to info technology type, tells you what you must understand.
Whiteboards, e-Learning, software program zum Konstruieren im Raum und in der Ebene - für den modernen Mathematikunterricht steht eine Vielzahl von Technologien zur Verfügung. Doch wie können diese neuen Möglichkeiten gewinnbringend für den Mathematikunterricht eingesetzt werden? Welche weiteren Entwicklungen darf guy für die nahe Zukunft erwarten?
Prompted through a variational version in regards to the intensity of the gadgets in an image and the matter of hidden and illusory contours, this e-book investigates one of many significant difficulties of laptop imaginative and prescient: the topological and algorithmic reconstruction of a soft 3 dimensional scene ranging from the seen a part of an obvious contour.
This hugely expected moment variation beneficial properties new chapters and sections, 225 new references, and accomplished R software program. in line with the former variation, this booklet is set the artwork and technological know-how of knowledge research and predictive modeling, which includes making a choice on and utilizing a number of instruments. rather than providing remoted thoughts, this article emphasizes challenge fixing techniques that tackle the numerous matters bobbing up while constructing multivariable types utilizing actual facts and never common textbook examples.
- New Developments in Statistical Modeling, Inference and Application: Selected Papers from the 2014 ICSA/KISS Joint Applied Statistics Symposium in Portland, OR (ICSA Book Series in Statistics)
- Model Choice in Nonnested Families (SpringerBriefs in Statistics)
- Design of Adaptive Finite Element Software: The Finite Element Toolbox ALBERTA: 42 (Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering)
- Numerical Methods for Chemical Engineering: Applications in MATLAB
Extra info for Data Points: Visualization That Means Something
Data Points: Visualization That Means Something by Nathan Yau