By Heidi Hayes Jacobs
“What 12 months are you getting ready your scholars for? 1973? 1995? are you able to in truth say that your school’s curriculum and this system you employ are getting ready your scholars for 2015 or 2020? Are you even getting ready them for today?”
With these provocative questions, writer and educator Heidi Hayes Jacobs launches a robust case for overhauling, updating, and injecting existence into the K–12 curriculum. Sharing her services as a world-renowned curriculum dressmaker and calling upon the collective knowledge of 10 schooling concept leaders, Jacobs presents perception and concept within the following key areas:
* content material and assessment--How to spot what to maintain, what to chop, and what to create, and the place portfolios and different new varieties of evaluation healthy into the picture.
* software structures--How to enhance our use of time and house and groupings of scholars and employees.
* Technology--How it’s reworking educating, and the way to use scholars’ typical facility with expertise.
* Media literacy--The crucial concerns to deal with, and the easiest assets for supporting scholars develop into knowledgeable clients of a number of kinds of media.
* Globalization--What steps to take to assist scholars achieve a world standpoint.
* Sustainability--How to instill enduring values and ideology that would bring about fitter neighborhood, nationwide, and international groups.
* behavior of mind--The pondering behavior that scholars, lecturers, and directors have to improve and perform to achieve university, paintings, and life.
The solutions to those questions and plenty of extra make Curriculum 21 the right advisor for remodeling our colleges into what they need to develop into: studying enterprises that fit the days within which we live.
Read or Download Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World (Professional Development) PDF
Best curricula books
A booklet for academics and leaders of tweens with articles on spirituality and particular actions to nourish religious conduct in preteens via Sunday university, worship, and different church settings. integrated is a photocopiable part for leaders to exploit with mom and dad to assist mom and dad comprehend what's applicable within the non secular realm for his or her preteens.
'What William Pinar accomplishes during this textual content defines the current kingdom of the sector and provides either a wish and a style for the ongoing improvement of the self-discipline of curriculum studies…Texts that stick with after and from this paintings will arrive into the nest Pinar has created the following. ' –- Alan A. Block, professor of schooling, collage of Wisconsin-Stout, United StatesPalgrave Pivot publishes peer-reviewed learn at lengths among the magazine article and monograph.
In welcher Weise - das ist die Ausgangsfrage dieses Buches - tragen Erziehungsprozesse dazu bei, die Selbst- und Weltbilder von Kindern und ihr Handeln geschlechtstypisch zu färben und zu beeinflussen? Um dies zu verstehen, müssen mehrere Ebenen bedacht werden: wie die Geschlechterordnung als politische und soziale Ordnung mit dem Denken einer Gesellschaft über sich selbst und ihr Menschenbild zusammenhängt; wie diese Geschlechterordnung in den Theoriekonzepten der Erziehungswissenschaft ihre Spuren hinterlassen hat; und wie das pädagogische Handeln mit seinen geschlechtstypisierenden Aspekten auf diesem Hintergrund verstanden werden kann.
Offers a number of views on educating and studying precious tonanyone constructing new or renovating validated honors curricula.
- Key Qualifications in Work and Education
- Developing a Quality Curriculum
- High Fliers: Airmen of Achievement in Wartime
- Values Education and Lifelong Learning: Principles, Policies, Programmes: 10 (Lifelong Learning Book Series)
- Reconsidering Canadian Curriculum Studies: Provoking Historical, Present, and Future Perspectives (Curriculum Studies Worldwide)
Extra resources for Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World (Professional Development)
Curriculum 21: Essential Education for a Changing World (Professional Development) by Heidi Hayes Jacobs