By Julie Steele,Noah Iliinsky
Visualization is the picture presentation of information -- portrayals intended to bare advanced details at a look. examine the widespread map of the recent York urban subway process, or a diagram of the human mind. profitable visualizations are attractive not just for his or her aesthetic layout, but additionally for dependent layers of element that successfully generate perception and new understanding.
This ebook examines the tools of 2 dozen visualization specialists who procedure their tasks from numerous views -- as artists, designers, commentators, scientists, analysts, statisticians, and extra. jointly they reveal how visualization may help us make feel of the world.
- Explore the significance of storytelling with an easy visualization exercise
- Learn how colour conveys info that our brains realize earlier than we are totally conscious of it
- Discover how the books we purchase and the folk we go together with exhibit clues to our deeper selves
- Recognize a style to the insanity of air shuttle with a visualization of civilian air traffic
- Find out how researchers examine unknown phenomena, from preliminary sketches to released papers
Nick Bilton,Michael E. Driscoll,Jonathan Feinberg,Danyel Fisher,Jessica Hagy,Gregor Hochmuth,Todd Holloway,Noah Iliinsky,Eddie Jabbour,Valdean Klump,Aaron Koblin,Robert Kosara,Valdis Krebs,JoAnn Kuchera-Morin et al.,Andrew Odewahn,Adam Perer,Anders Persson,Maximilian Schich,Matthias Shapiro,Julie Steele,Moritz Stefaner,Jer Thorp,Fernanda Viegas,Martin Wattenberg,and Michael Young.
Read Online or Download Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts PDF
Best aesthetics books
Humans world wide make paintings and enjoy it, they usually have performed so for millennia. yet acknowledging that artwork is a common a part of human adventure leads us to a few colossal questions: Why does it exist? Why can we get pleasure from it? and the way do the world’s diverse paintings traditions relate to paintings and to one another?
This ebook provides an answer to the matter identified in philosophical aesthetics because the paradox of ugliness, specifically, how an item that's displeasing can maintain our consciousness and be vastly preferred. It does this via exploring and refining the main subtle and punctiliously labored out theoretical framework of philosophical aesthetics, Kant’s conception of style, which was once recommend partly one of many Critique of the ability of Judgment.
Johann Nikolaus Tetens (1736-1807) gehörte zu den prägenden Gestalten der europäischen Aufklärung, und zwar sowohl innerhalb der Philosophie, im Kontext sprachtheoretischer und ästhetischer Diskurse, als auch in einer Reihe von Einzelwissenschaften (etwa der Mathematik und der Naturforschung). All diese Werkbereiche werden im vorliegenden Band von overseas renommierten Forschern eingehend betrachtet.
It is a number of interdisciplinary essays that examines the historic, political, and social importance of September 11. This assortment considers Sep 11 as an occasion located in the a lot greater old context of overdue late-capitalism, a paradoxical time within which American and capitalist hegemony exist as pervasive and but less than precarious situations.
- Early Modern Aesthetics (Global Aesthetic Research)
- Aesthetics as Philosophy of Perception
- Wittgenstein on Colour (Publications of the Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society – New Series (N.S.))
- Memory, Trauma, and History: Essays on Living with the Past
- Sobre las últimas cosas (Márgenes nº 7) (Spanish Edition)
- Herbert Marcuse: An Aesthetics of Liberation (Modern European Thinkers)
Extra info for Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts
Beautiful Visualization: Looking at Data through the Eyes of Experts by Julie Steele,Noah Iliinsky