By Jeanette Bicknell
In Philosophy of track and making a song: An Introduction, Jeanette Bicknell explores key aesthetic, moral, and different philosophical questions that experience now not but been completely researched by way of philosophers, musicologists, or scientists. concerns addressed include:
- The courting among the that means of a song’s phrases and its music
- The performer’s function and the resultant gender issues, social ontology, and private identity
- The performer’s moral tasks to audiences, composers, lyricists, and people for whom the cloth holds specific significance
- The metaphysical prestige of remoted solo performances in comparison to the continual making a song of opera or the interrupted making a song of degree and monitor musicals
Each bankruptcy makes a speciality of one significant musical instance and comprises a number of shorter discussions of different decisions. All were selected for his or her illustrative strength and their accessibility for any reader and are simply available.
Read or Download A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction PDF
Best aesthetics books
Humans around the world make artwork and get pleasure from it, and so they have performed so for millennia. yet acknowledging that artwork is a common a part of human event leads us to a couple monstrous questions: Why does it exist? Why can we get pleasure from it? and the way do the world’s diverse paintings traditions relate to paintings and to one another?
This ebook provides an answer to the matter identified in philosophical aesthetics because the paradox of ugliness, particularly, how an item that's displeasing can preserve our consciousness and be tremendously preferred. It does this by means of exploring and refining the main refined and carefully labored out theoretical framework of philosophical aesthetics, Kant’s conception of style, which used to be recommend partially one of many Critique of the ability of Judgment.
Johann Nikolaus Tetens (1736-1807) gehörte zu den prägenden Gestalten der europäischen Aufklärung, und zwar sowohl innerhalb der Philosophie, im Kontext sprachtheoretischer und ästhetischer Diskurse, als auch in einer Reihe von Einzelwissenschaften (etwa der Mathematik und der Naturforschung). All diese Werkbereiche werden im vorliegenden Band von foreign renommierten Forschern eingehend betrachtet.
This can be a selection of interdisciplinary essays that examines the historic, political, and social value of Sept. 11. This assortment considers Sept. 11 as an occasion located in the a lot greater ancient context of past due late-capitalism, a paradoxical time during which American and capitalist hegemony exist as pervasive and but less than precarious situations.
- Veil (Object Lessons)
- The Deleuze and Guattari Dictionary (Bloomsbury Philosophy Dictionaries)
- Art History Versus Aesthetics (The Art Seminar)
- The Emergence of Modern Aesthetic Theory: Religion and Morality in Enlightenment Germany and Scotland (Ideas in Context)
- Sight and Sensibility: Evaluating Pictures
- Interpreting Visual Culture: Explorations in the Hermeneutics of Vision
Additional info for A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction
A Philosophy of Song and Singing: An Introduction by Jeanette Bicknell